Apex Women's Balance Hiker Shoe
The Apex Balance Hiking Shoe is an active shoe, designed specifically to reduce fall risk – the first of its kind on the market. lugged soles to help reduce the risk of slipping, and a smooth, angled toe that helps avoid stumbling and tripping, combine to help you restore your independence and get you wherever you need to go.
You also don’t have to worry about dirtying these shoes as their machine-washable feature will make them spick and span. While its adjustable strap ensures a comfortable and personalized shoe fit, its breathable structure promotes aeration within the shoe. With contoured footbeds that offer gel-like cushioning, these incredible shoes surely maximize footwear comfort.
Women's Balance Hiker Shoe Features:
- Firm, adjustable heel counter provides added stability and accommodates AFOs.
- Extended tongue opening allows for easy foot insertion and AFO compatibility.
- Breathable exterior materials keep feet cool and dry.
- Moisture-wicking and antimicrobial polyester mesh lining.
- Textured footbed provides proprioceptive sensory feedback for polyneuropathy.
- Responsive, supportive midsole.
- Hard rubber outsole designed for added traction and to reduce slips.
- Soft padded collars for all-day comfort
- Cushioned heels offer extra support to the rear of your feet
- Removable footbeds to accommodate custom orthotics
Follow These Instructions Before Wearing Your Shoes Daily
- Wear your new footwear and inserts for 1-2 hours in your home, preferably on a carpeted surface.
- Inspect your feet for any redness that my develop.
- If redness persists, consult your health care professional
- If no redness appears, wear your shoes around your home for one or two days while periodically checking your feet for redness or uncomfortable rubbing
- If they are comfortable, they are ready to be worn outside.